The 9.1 earthquake, and resulting tsunami, that recently hit off the coast of Japan have had cataclysmic results. At the time of this posting, four different trains remain missing. Villages have thousands of people unaccounted for. Multiple nuclear power plants are over heating, with one explosion. The people of Japan are living in shelters, going back to homes that no longer exist – they have been swept away by the surging waters. To say that I am thinking of them, of their horror and of the long road ahead for Japan is an understatement.
The affects of the tsunami have also been felt in Hawaii, and Crescent City, CA, where lives have been lost, and property damage is great.
For those who can, and those who want to, Forbes.com listed some organizations you can give to via mobile phone:
- To donate to American Red Cross Relief, text REDCROSS to 90999
- To donate to Convoy of Hope, a faith-based organization that does community outreach and disaster response, text TSUNAMI to 50555
- To donate to GlobalGiving, which focuses on “grassroots projects in the developing world,” text JAPAN to 5055
- To donate to Save the Children, an independent organization dedicated to helping children in need, text JAPAN to 20222
- To donate to The Salvation Army, text JAPAN or QUAKE to 80888
- To donate to World Relief Corp., the humanitarian arm of the National Association of Evangelicals, text WAVE to 50555
All of us at All Patriots Media, and here at TonyKatz.com, are thinking of those who died, and those who have been affected.